Thursday, July 8, 2010

Y otra mas...

I keep walking around saying "I feel like I am lost in translation". It is getting old. But the amazing thing is the other woman I work with (who is from Spain and speaks little English) is very forgiving with me.

We have our own language worked out. Imagine my stress when I learned this morning that I was to spend 3 hours in a car with only her. And we had to go buy things for the office. The stress was not at all from spending time with her, she is actually kind of amazing, funny and gorgeous. The new grey hairs came from thinking "How the fuck am I going to sit in a car with this girl, who intends on speaking WITH me, when I know all she is really going to be doing is speaking AT me?!" Shit shit shit shit.

As the boy left this morning, I was left sitting in Alberto's house with his mother (again, my timid Spanish and her thinking I could hold a conversation above pre-school level)...and then on to the car with Miriam. Dudes, I made it work. I spent the whole trip learning about her life story (she is mainly my twin) and stuttering broken sentences to her.

For the most part, I am havin it happen out here.


But $20 to the first person who can send me either Rosetta Stone or a English/Spanish dictionary...

1 comment:

  1. babe, i am still trying to source Rosetta Stone in Spanish fo myself..it was on my LP69 PSP, for reals! So when i get it, you do too, but right now it's $800 away until i finds another deal...

    excited to read more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete