I realized tonight how cool it is to be in Spain, doing the work I am doing, making a difference with people. Up to this point, our training has been very successful. I am happy to say that I assembly possibly the most perfect team to be in Spain carrying on this work. They are committed, rigorous, amazing listeners and extraordinary leaders. I trust them each with my life. In addition, they are the most loud, hysterical and free spirited people I have ever worked with. I have cried with laughter more times than I can count.
So thats it. No beautiful pictures or fantastical stories from the streets of Seville. Only a moment to stop and appreciate the joy of working in an place where the sky is limit.
On a side bar, if you have not seen Toy Story 3, I recommend it. I was reminded today of a scene in the movie where the toys have to restart Buzz Lightyear. Instead of his normal husky voice, he was restarted in "Espanol Mode" and sounded *exactly like a native of Sevilla.
Go see it, if not only for that reason, but because it brings closure to a series that my generation grew up with.
Goodnight from a hot and humid Sevilla.
the closure to the generation that was ours was totally my sentiment when i watched toy story 3. i miss you. i'm so, so, so proud of you. getting to do what you do and in the busy state of it all (because we all know how it can get), remembering to stop and reflect is not only critical, but the only part of life that lets you know: you are the difference.
ReplyDelete<3 much love and adoration.
It is beautiful what you are creating in Spain, and it inspires me to keep the fire burning here in NY. Why? Because I say so!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the well wishes. Feeling a bit homesick. The Descubrimiento (Discovery) ended tonight and I realized how lonely it can be to play in a city with no grad base! To both of you on opposite ends of the earth (but members in my personal coaching/leadership journey) thank you!
ReplyDelete