Sunday, July 25, 2010

I swear I'm Not Dead

I know. I suck. I lost my blogging stride.

But...I am working on 2 posts, one about the most amazing 2 days in Granada and the other about Festival in Sevilla. Should be up tomorrow/Monday-ish.


I had a moment on Wednesday night where I stopped and really realized that I have such a blank slate in front of me. We drove out to Granada and at night went to see Alhambra. Standing at the top of Mirador de San Nicolas (which is basically a lookout point that the locals chill at), I was in awe of the beauty that stood before me.

Alhambra is a palace that was built in the 14th Century for Muslim Emirs (princes and other rulers). I won't butcher the history of this structure, as we only had the chance to look at it. We have plans to go tour in September, it was nearly impossible to get tickets.

The view of Alhambra made me feel like a tiny spec in such a huge world. It blows my mind that something so elaborate was built so long ago. In many ways, it makes me feel endless.

So, that's all I have for right now. Tomorrow is a "work" day, in which I get back into my groove of writing and touring. And hopeful find time to clean my room.


No comments:

Post a Comment