Monday, August 2, 2010

Must be the lingering French Chef

For almost 4 years, I worked for a well-known French Chef. Though his presence in my office was few and far between, he (often through his chef-prodigies) landed a very important concept with me.

Keep your station clean

I am not neurotic. I am certainly not a neat freak, but I come from the belief system that if you can minimize clutter in your space, why not do so? I tend to prefer an office space that is tidy and organized. It makes the work flow easier. I also prefer a clean house. Does my room sometimes look like a bomb went off, leaving casualties of cashmere sweaters and black dresses? Of course, you should see it today.

But he always reminded his chefs, clean as you go. I don't know where this little rant comes from (actually, I do, but there is no point going into it!). I think this is a pointless plea to the cyber-world, keep your shit clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment