Monday, August 9, 2010

Home



I think I just had to let myself say it out loud and then I could finally get off it.

It is lucky for EVERYONE that one of my best friends was in town last night. Even better news is that she will be coming back and forth for one weekend in both September and October. Exhale with me now...

All things considered, I have been doing very well. Maybe. Or maybe it was more keeping myself busy. But for some reason (or I should say, many reasons) that sensation of drowning swept in and I realized last night how very home sick I felt.

The brilliant part is that my dear, amazing friend looked me straight in the eyes and said (in her thick accent), "But Lyds, what are you homesick for? You can look at it in 2 ways, 1 being that you don't really have a home or the other in that you have so many homes. So what are you choosing to miss right now?"

I avoided the urge to punch her in the face, because she didn't entertain my little pitty party and instead began to check-in. Something(s) are missing. And it is not bad, just different. The blackberry that had been glued to my hand for the past 3 years, gone. My sidekick? Back in New York. Family? Scattered across the states and somehow staring at their words is not the same as hearing a voice.

Ok, so it is not that dramatic. Just a moment of "I wanna come home!!" tearfully to my dad at 2am, and my little-girl moment is over. Even as I type this, Jason Mraz and James Morrison serenade me with Details in the Fabric ("Everything...will be fine...everything...is alright...")

Jeez. I think I have gotten all that drama out of my system for the rest of the summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment