Being in the kitchen has been really great, especially in our new apartment. The kitchen is much bigger, has unique lighting (read: 2 burned out lightbulbs and I have to McGuiver the lights from the hallway and mud room to make it work), tons of counter space, and tons of room for me to dance around to Gloria Estefan and The Black Keys...should I, ya know, be into that sort of thing.
Each time I cook is a new experience in itself. From learning how to not burn off all the hair on my right arm as I light the stove to finding new ways of combining rice with veggie, etc etc. Nothing really tops the feeling I get after cooking for an hour and watching the 3 other "bitches" get their grub on. Tonight is "Cook Everything in the Freezer Night" and as I warily stepped behind the stove, one of them reminded me that these are when I am at my best--working out of my element.
So here is to a last Saturday in Spain, followed by seeing a friends band one final time.
Only 3 more days until I am back on familiar ground...not sure how I feel about that yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment