Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back on the Ranch



Basically, I have been living in my flip flops in Sevilla. It is way to hot to wear tennis shows (socks, really) and my job hardly requires me to wear heels except during meetings or formal trainings. So my Havaianas (over-priced Brazilian-made flipflops) and I have been best friends since I arrived in Spain.

This past weekend was a work weekend for me and as much as I was not planning on going, Sunday morning rolled around and I thought, "Why miss something in Spain?". So I got my shit together, grabbed a swimsuit and hit the road with the team at 7am (by far the earliest I have woken up since being here).

A winding journey later, we ended up atop a mountain at a campsite. Not a bad deal, since we were working on a ropes course for the day. But folks, it was the ranch. I kept having flashbacks to riding lessons as a teenager. Of course, being one of the people on staff for my company, we got the tour of the facility.

My flipflops and I, all over the dusty, weedy, cactus-filled terrain. My poor toes were dusty. But I was a trooper and made it through (as least) the morning part of our day. And luckily, I had my camera to catch some of the moments that made me think "only in Spain..."
Note the cows/bulls in the background, about 20 feet from our course...

And then my partner, saying, "I just want to go say 'Hi' to the bull!"

Needless to say, I was exhausted for the rest of the day. So this is where I stayed, curled up with my new book and admiring the olive orchards while my team jumped from trees.

Ah, Sevilla.









1 comment: